Recently I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Glamburger (who runs this awesome blog here), an award given to promote blogs with less than 200 followers. Unfortunately I won't be able to do some of the rules -- namely, picking out 11 bloggers to tag back (sorry, I know more Youtubers than bloggers!) -- but I'm going to post this anyways because I do appreciate being chosen.
If you're a blogger reading this, then please feel free to fill this out! Don't be afraid to say hi, I don't bite :)
- Each person must post 11 random things about themselves
- Also, answer the questions that the nominator asks plus create 11 questions for your nominees
- Choose 11 people and link them in your blog post
- Go to their page to notify them
- No tag backs!
So let's begin...
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
2. I have two cats named Sephiroth and Yngwie. Sephiroth is obviously named after Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7, and he even has gray fur! I also recently got a kitten who is almost 7 months old now, named Yngwie. I named him after Yngwie Malmsteen, a famous neoclassical guitarist from Sweden.
|Left, Sephiroth. Right, Yngwie Malmsteen and a very displeased cat.|
4. I've loved video games since I was child. I hesitate to call myself a gamer, but I love to play video games whenever I can. The most recent game I finished was Assassin's Creed 3, which is currently sitting at 99% synchronization. I'm actually really obsessed with the Assassin's Creed series, I even have an Ezio plushie.
|JEALOUS? HE'S SO CUTE|
The greatest moment in wrestling history.
6. I never watch cable or local television. I find most of the TV shows today absolutely dreadful, so instead I use Netflix to watch my own shows. I don't watch a lot of shows, but I do like to watch Top Gear, QI, Survivorman, and UFC. I also tend to watch a lot of documentaries, usually about astronomy or history.
7. Despite the fact that most of my videos contain dance music, I mainly only listen to metal music...thrash metal and power metal are my favorite genres, though I've been liking black metal a lot lately. I also try to go to concerts when I can; Minnesota doesn't get many bands I like so it's not often. I did see Megadeth and Motorhead last February, however, and actually drove to Denver to see Iron Maiden last summer.
|Dave Mustaine totally has a "dat ass" look on his face lol|
8. I have been lifting weights since 2010. In 2011, I seriously considered becoming a natural bodybuilder, but later on decided that powerlifting seemed more appealing. I can deadlift around 200lbs and can easily curl 25lbs. I've barely been lifting since the summer due to a knee injury (which I got from hiking of all things) but I hope to hit the gym in a few weeks and leaning out again. I was in a bulking phase for most of 2012 so I look pretty big right now -- but I'm going to getting rid of all the extra fluff this year. Hopefully I've gained some muscle mass! It's really hard for me to gain muscle, since I'm female.
|This is an old pic, but heyyy! Little baby muscles.|
9. My favorite book of all time is A Handmaid's Tale, followed by practically anything Ursula K. Le Guin has written.
10. I own an organ. I believe it was made in the 70s or 80s, but it's pretty snazzy and I like to compose tunes on it from time to time.
11. I was born on the same day as Kwon BoA...November 5, 1986 :) I, however, was born in Seoul and cannot sing for the life of me.
1. What's your favorite color? Seriously. I really like dark, vampy reds. And purple.
2. What's your favorite street makeup brand and product? I really favor E.L.F. and Wet n' Wild; I've really been digging E.L.F.'s colored eyebrow mascara lately.
3. Who is your current favorite musician/band? It's hard to say, but I have been listening to a lot of Mercyful Fate lately.
4. Where do you currently live, and where do you most want to go? I currently live in Minneapolis, but I really want to visit my relatives in Korea again. I miss Korea very much. I would also like to go to England, Scotland, Italy, and explore the western United States.
5. What made you start blogging? I like to write (it's what I do for a living), but I've never really had an outlet to talk about makeup or beauty--so I created this blog.
6. What's your favorite online clothing store? 6DollarShirts.com I believe is the URL? They have a bunch of quirky t-shirts for dirt cheap.
7. What's your favorite recipe to cook/bake? My cooking skills are horrible so I can't really answer. Sometimes I make kimbap or vegan jap chae.
8. What's your skin type and daily skin regimen? I naturally have oily skin, but the winter has been drying it out a bit, so I moisturize a lot. I wash my face twice daily with a grapefruit cleanser, then gently massage Aveeno moisturizer into the areas where it gets the driest. Twice a week I also exfoliate.
9. What's your current occupation? I work as a freelance journalist, which is not as glamorous as it sounds.
10. What's your favorite season...and why? I love the fall, it's still warm but not too warm, and the scenery is the prettiest imho.
11. Name something popular/trendy that you hate. Skinny jeans, I don't find them flattering at all. I miss flares!
That's all for now! :)